Sunday, March 4, 2012

The orange grove/duck pond is a recreational place. It isn't a building or anything. It is on campus to allow students to just hang out there and have a nice time. They could do homework since its quiet. I saw a girl studying there. Or they can take a look at the ducks or can walk around there. The space is not populated and it is very quiet. There was only one girl there when me and my group went there. Since there is no one at the orange grove and duck pond, it is very quiet. It does serve its purpose to provide a nice, quiet place for students to go to, to spend done time. Although it dies serve its purpose, it is a quite unusual space for campus. There aren't many colleges that have orange groves. It does not feel like a CSUN facility. CSUN is a community because it ties the students and faculty together like a little town in Northridge. The duck pond and the orange grove are part of the CSUN community by allowing everyone, the students and faculty, to go there and enjoy their time. The history of the orange grove is that Northridge was originally a orange grove itself and when the university was built they wanted to keep a piece of it. The historical information is online. Going back to the past questions, this space functions as a piece of history, serves its purpose, and and allows the community, as a whole stick to its past.

My space is my room. It isn't that big. It is usually very quiet unless I put misidentified on or if I'm watching TV. It is a good place for me to study and it's obviously good for sleeping. I like spending time there when I'm trying to get away from everything or everyone or if I'm tired. I really like my room and it the one place that I can call it my own.

1 comment:

  1. I really want to go to the Grove now. You have spiked my curiosity. I loved places that are peaceful like that because it makes for an awesome place to read for fun! I never knew what a Grove was. I always knew the mall The Grove.

    I share a room with my brother so I can't exactly call it my own. Although I do sometimes like to think that.

    ReplyDelete